Ready to start volunteering? Here are the steps to becoming a Community Technology Network volunteer!
- Watch our Introduction to Volunteering video to find out how you can help people learn basic computer skills as a Community Technology Network Volunteer.
- Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
- Complete a phone interview with our Digital Literacy Program Manager. We will answer your questions and discuss your availability and interests.
- Attend our Basic Volunteer Training class and learn how to be a digital literacy tutor.
- Community Technology Network will give you a volunteer position at one of our computer centers which best fits your skills, availability, location, and interests. Please commit to at least three months of service.
- Volunteer opportunities are in the San Francisco Bay Area, primarily Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., as well as a few evening and weekend opportunities.
Work one-to-one with learners, teaching basic skills such as using a mouse and keyboard, searching the Internet for information, communicating via social media, using e-mail and Skype, and creating documents such as resumes.
Computer Teaching Assistant
Experienced volunteers who work with instructors as assistants and translators in classes of up to 12 learners in senior centers and affordable housing developments around the San Francisco Bay Area. Curriculum is currently available in English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
Interested in becoming a CTN Volunteer and joining our Digital Literacy Corps?
Please fill out the application below and click SUBMIT.
Select multiple option by pressing Ctrl key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac) on your keyboard.
If you are a current volunteer, please use this form to submit your hours.
Want to know what it’s really like to volunteer with Community Technology Network? Check out our Success Stories.
For more information about these and other volunteer opportunities at Community Technology Network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.